Year End Function
Date(s) - 30/11/2019 - 01/12/2019
Categories No Categories
That time of the year that we can look forward to a weekend at Killarney with friends and family.
The dates for this year’s weekend is Friday 29th November, Saturday 30th November and Sunday 1st December 2019.
The club will pay for the entrance and camping for Friday and/or Saturday.
We are trying something new at this year’s function!
- Instead of having the main function on the Sunday, we are going to have it on the Saturday afternoon / evening
- Instead of the usual meat on the spit, we are doing a Potjie Cook Around
When you RSVP for the weekend (via WhatsApp survey), you will be asked who you will be cooking a Potjie with, so friends and families can choose to make their own Potjie or combine and make theirs with others.
We will all make our Potjie’s around the braai area at Killarney so we can be sociable, share secrets and taste each other’s dishes.
The club will provide the charcoal for the fires from a central point and all you will need to do is collect a briquette or three when needed till your meal is ready.
This is not a competition, but a time and place to be with friends and family to enjoy the time outside! I am sure there will be some rivalry and there is nothing wrong with that!
The club will provide a re-imbursement towards the ingredients of the Potjie as follows:
- R50 (fifty rands) per paid-up member and
- R50 (fifty rands) per direct dependent family member(s) older than 12 years
- R25 (fifty rands) per direct dependent family member(s) younger than 12 years
- So if a paid-up member comes with her husband and two children, the club will re-imburse 4 x R50 = R200 [If the one child is younger than 12, the re-imbursement would be R175]
If you have people from out of town, who are not members of the club, joining in on the weekend, they will have to pay for their own camping and will not receive the re-imbursement as described above.
Should you not have a Potjie, time to make new friends and see who you can join in order to have some fun and learn the art! Or if you do not like Potjie’s and do not wish to join some other members, the club will still provide you with the re-imbursement as described above, as you join all of us at the central area while preparing and enjoying your choice of outdoor cuisine.
Should you have any queries, feel free to contact any of the committee members.
Looking forward to trying something new!